What is my Wrongful Death Case Worth?
In Florida, the amount of damages you can recover for the wrongful death of a family member are dependent on a number of important factors. These include:
- What is the family relationship between you and the deceased?
- What was the age of the deceased?
- What was their previous health condition?
- What would have otherwise been the anticipated life expectancy of the deceased?
- How much insurance coverage is involved in the case?
- How much were the medical expenses associated with the accident?
- The is the extent of the emotional loss of companionship?
- Are there surviving family members who were dependent upon the deceased for income and support?
- What are the lost earnings of the deceased?
- How much were the costs of burial and funeral expenses
Other Factors that can impact your recovery:
- Loss of love and affection for the surviving parents, spouse, children, or other surviving family members
Effectively Presenting Your Case to the Insurance Company
It is imperative that your case be presented to the insurance company in a well thought-out and professional manner. This takes investigative legwork and significant preparation. Our office employs a network of experts who will investigate the direct cause of the accident, but also participate to provide us with compelling supportive documentation to prove who is at fault.
It is not uncommon for our office to interview not only immediate family members, but also other persons whose lives were impacted because of the loss of a loved one. In presenting a wrongful death claim, we want to tell the complete story of the loss your family and friends have suffered. The insurance adjuster needs to clearly understand how you and other family members have been impacted both emotionally and financially.
The loss of a loved one can often translate into the loss of the very foundation or core of your life. Your pain, sorrow and grief need to be effectively communicated. For that reason, we will want to get to know you and your family members better so that we can fully appreciate how your lives have changed since the accident. It is only then that we can help achieve the highest possible settlement.
As a former insurance company lawyer, Colleen has first-hand knowledge of how the insurance company will operate when handling and evaluating claims. You can put her experience to work for you in obtaining a cash settlement that you deserve. Call 727-578-0303 for a free consultation.
St. Petersburg Location
Baypoint Commerce Center
Corner of 9th Street N. and Gandy Blvd.
9721 Executive Center Dr. North, #120
St. Petersburg, FL 33702 Map
The Summit Building
Ulmerton Road and 58th Street N.
Clearwater, Florida 33760